In honor of his father’s Ron Paul’s 75th birthday, Rand Paul’s campaign is having a birthday money bomb today. Please check out his campaign’s website here: http://www.randpaul2010.com Dr. Rand Paul is an opthomologist who is running for Senate in the blue grass state, Kentucky. As a liberty candidate, he crushed his neo-con elected opponent in the Republican primary and is currently in the lead in the polls against the Democratic candidate. To win this election, he’ll need to continue having all the support that he can get to fight back against the plethora of attack ads from the liberal media. If we can get him into Congress with his father, the Pauls will be a liberty force to be reckoned with and to be feared by all big government statists.
Here are just some of the reasons Rand Paul wants to run for Senate, from his own email:
- I will never, ever vote for a taxpayer bailout of a private industry. Whether it’s big banks, automakers, or any other industry — you succeed or fail on your own.
- I will not vote for an unbalanced budget. I will not vote for a tax increase. Ever.
- I will fight for new rules like a Balanced Budget Amendment and Term Limits.
- I will not take ANYTHING off the table in the fight to balance the budget. Anyone who says something like they will “freeze non-defense discretionary spending” is blowing smoke at you and hoping you won’t notice. That would balance the budget — MAYBE — in about 80 years.
- We have to keep our promises to seniors and keep our country strong, but every area has things that can be cut. Every agency has things that are duplicative or that could be done better or cheaper.
- I will propose and force a vote on an Enumerated Powers Act, to force Congress to point to the part of the Constitution that justifies their bills.
- I will fight for the Bill of Rights. Democrats often love the 4th amendment. Republicans the 2nd. I will fight for them all, which means fighting for your free speech, gun rights, and civil liberties. Laws that infringe on ANY of these make the federal government more powerful, and we cannot continue to allow that.
- I will not allow our troops to be the world’s policeman, and I will force a vote on a Declaration of War if any President seeks to commit our military to battle.